Monday, March 28, 2011

Shirt Dress

I found this beautiful man's shirt at the d.I. and tyler refuses to wear it ;) The checker at the counter even noted that he knew why the shirt was donated. Guess he didn't think it was that hansome either So -I decided to make a dress out of it for Sammy. I started cutting it apart and sewing it back together so it fits her. I made the ruffle sleaves and a fabric flower with a blue button to match. The Front of the shirt actually turned out to be the back of the dress, where I used the same buttons and holes.
Hopefully it'll be a fun little play dress for her this summer. It was easy to make too, only took me about an hour start to finish. Gwen wants me to make her one now. I don't know if I can find that same shirt though, it was one of a kind. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Look how talented you are! That dress is so cute! You said it was easy, but I couldn't do it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, you should teach us how you did it! :)

    ReplyDelete